Getting to know a new bae or want to deepen your connection with a partner? This list of questions to ask a guy, girl, or anyone will help you both open up.
By Amanda Chatel March 23, 2021
When it comes to relationships, the most important aspect is communication. Not just communicating feelings and emotions about certain situations, but communicating about all things, from sex, values, and thoughts about the future, to the facts about your past that make you who you are. Communication, above all else, is the foundation of a happy and healthy relationship. It may sound cliché, but it’s still the absolute truth, according to sex and relationship experts.
When people hear the word “communicating,” they tend to picture sitting down with their partner and having an intimate heart-to-heart, but that doesn’t always have to be the set-up or tone, nor does the environment have to be the bedroom. Whether you’re just hanging out on the couch, texting, video chatting, or any of the other dozens of mediums you use to communicate, there’s always an opportunity to ask your partner questions that will strengthen your bond and maybe even give you the chance to learn something about each other that you may not have known before.
Sexually Explicit Questions to Ask Your Partner
- What’s the most reliable way for you to orgasm with a partner?
- What do you enjoy most when I go down on you?
- What do you think about when you masturbate?
- Would it turn you on to watch porn together?
- How would you feel about a threesome?
- What’s a sexual act you’ve never done, but want to try?
- Do you have any fantasies, kinks, or fetishes you’d like to share and/or indulge in?
- What sort of role play would turn you on most?
- What dirty words arouse you the most?
- If we consent to do whatever we want to each other, what would you want to do to me? What would you want me to do to you?
- Do you prefer to be dominant or submissive?
- What are your thoughts on anal play?
- Are you interested in incorporating sex toys into partnered sex? What sort of toys might you want to use?
- How do you feel when I send you nudes?
- What’s your favorite place to touch yourself that’s not your genitals?
- What’s the one thing I can do right now to drive you wild?
- What were the three best sexual experiences you’ve ever had? How about the three worst?
Sexual Awareness Questions to Ask Your Partner
- What’s your favorite thing about sex?
- What does sex mean to you?
- What was your first sexual experience like?
- Are there any moments from your sexual past that you’d like to share?
- Do you have any fears or concerns when it comes to sex?
- What’s your preferred form of safe sex?
- What does consent mean and look like to you?
- Would you like to use a safe word?
- What are your thoughts on our sex life? What should we work on?
- How would you describe your sexual desires? Kinky or more vanilla?
- What was your sexual awakening like?
- Have you ever had an STI? If you did, did you judge yourself for it?
Relationship Questions to Ask Your Partner
- How important do you think sex is to a relationship?
- How would define the “perfect” relationship?
- What do you need in a relationship?
- How do you feel about couples’ therapy?
- What’s the ultimate dealbreaker in a relationship?
- How soon is too soon to meet the parents?
- How would you feel if I didn’t like one of your friends?
- What’s something about our relationship you think we should work on?
- If one of us had to move for work, do you think we could handle a LDR?
- Is our friendship just as important to you as our romantic relationship?